General dentistry covers a wide range of procedures and treatments, and includes the initial patient consultation meeting along with any resulting diagnostics activities, such as x-rays, CAT scans, wax moulds and / or replacement teeth etc. Your Dentist will use a variety of methods such x-rays, OPGs etc to determine the best treatment specifically tailored for your requirements. General Dentistry treatments include the following:
- Fillings: Teeth can be filled with a variety of different materials, including gold, porcelain, older style amalgam and modern composite resins.
- Crowns: These are artificial or replacement teeth in form of “caps” that fit over the remains of old broken teeth or implant posts. Crowns maintain their tooth like structure and protect the remaining teeth underneath from any further damage.
- Bridge: A Bridge is an artificial structure that holds an artificial tooth that is connected to a couple of crowns. Crowns cover the natural teeth on either side of a gap this helps to secure the artificial tooth in place and provide a natural looking appearance.
- Root Canal Treatment: When the pulp within a tooth becomes infected a Root Canal is the usual recommended treatment. This procedure can be performed by you normal dentist, but is often performed by a specialist dentist.
- Dentures: These are basically a set of artificial teeth (once called False Teeth). If you have a number of missing teeth, then traditional style dentures can be a big help. Dentures are removable artificial teeth, that look and behave in exactly the same way as normal teeth.
- Dental Hygiene: This is basically a cleaning service. It can involve a ‘scale & polish’ or detailed advice on flossing and teeth brushing.
- Bonding: This is the name given to the procedure in which a type of resin is used as a ‘glue’ to stick a material, such as a veneer to a tooth. Often used to treat stained or damaged teeth.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Treatments: This is a technical term to describe treatments for the mouth, face and jaw. Including dental implants and treatments for TMJ (temporomandibular joint syndrome).
The above are the most common treatments and procedures offered by General Dentistry. As well as the above we also carry out a range of Cosmetic Dental procedures such as Teeth Whitening and Veneers, for more information on Cosmetic Dentistry please visit our Cosmetic Dentistry page.
Quality Dentist London – Emergency Dental Treatment London